For The Love Of Horror Movies

I have been watching too many horror movies lately. I always found these movies interesting and, even as a kid, I never skipped a single horror movie made in Malayalam. Gradually, I moved on to the horror movie factory in Bollywood. It took just a couple of Hindi horror flicks for me to realize that if you really want to savour the supernatural or paranormal flavour in horror movies, you must venture into the Hollywood.

It all started with the Paranormal Activity series, where scenes are shot in the tranquility of daylight and the horror is less bloody and more gory. With The Conjuring, I could clarify my proposition that less the graphics, more the horror. Also, the scenes make one realize that the best horror movies never require a high budget.

Till date, I have never really understood the psychology behind my interest in horror movies. I watched Quarantine today. Though not a supernatural horror, the movie certainly gave me my little dose of shock and terror.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add Life To Years

Revisiting Raag Kapi Through A Song In Ulidavaru Kandanthe

The Ground Where Everybody Wins