Sleepless Under The Ceiling Fan

I have made friends. A lot of them. I get to learn important morals from many of them. There are situations when I fail to catch the cliché or regard the importance of parts of the conversation I have with them. But certainly at the end of the day, their words reverberate in my hippocampus.

Couple of days back, I enquired with my colleague the reason for his recent onset of low mood. He replied that one cannot expect the other person to stay in the best mood on all days. That day, he was blue for some unfigured reason. The day was one of low esteem and enthusiasm for me too. For time being, I did not attach any importance to his reply to my question. The same night, I remained awake wondering why could not I enliven my mood and stay cheerful. I could not elicit any reason for my dull and unenthusiastic day. Staring into the revolving blades of the ceiling fan, I could perceive his words echoing within my mind -
One cannot expect the other person to stay in his best mood on all days.
My thoughts were sucked into the mental blackhole that synced with the revolutions of the ceiling fan. And I could not elicit the reasons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add Life To Years

Revisiting Raag Kapi Through A Song In Ulidavaru Kandanthe

The Ground Where Everybody Wins