Take Me To Prosperland


Take me to the land where cuckoo's melody drifts in the gentle gale
Where banyan boughs quiver their leaves through lazy wind trail
I would hum a tune and bring dead emotions back to life
Lingers where the fragrance of rain pampering brittle soil.

Where breeze would gift me a melody from the bamboo flute,
Where clouds, like the kids, dance, innocent and cute;
Air of celebration around would sink my heart in;
A place to detach from the material world and take the heart's route.

Take me to the land where music is lived and relished;
Where hopes are sown and dreams are cherished,
Where harmony consoles a million tormented souls,
Where revenges are forgotten and hatreds have perished.

I wish to live a day of my life in Prosperland,
Where orchids blend their shades into spring's garland,
Where people are free from the clutches of suffering and desire,
Where the limps can run and the paralyzed can stand.

I know for sure the journey is long and paths unclear.
 Oceans of sorrow can rest in a drop of tear.
 Take me to the land where sorrows are far and joys are near,
Where life is a symphony, music to everyone's ear.

- Anirudh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add Life To Years

Revisiting Raag Kapi Through A Song In Ulidavaru Kandanthe

The Ground Where Everybody Wins