Respect Your Teachers


Let us not be divided by any religious sentiment. It is a well-established fact that spiritual thinking is the hallmark of a civilized society. This fact is reflected in understanding that answers to questions on self and reasons for existence lies in spirituality. A vibrant shade among the several reflections of the spiritual thought process is devotion towards the teacher. Scriptures have a grading of the attitude one displays. It says that attention comes first, develops into surprise, surprise grows into attraction, attraction blossoms into love, love matures into respect and respect immortalizes in devotion. If our lives could be imagined as a transcendental sojourn through the dark black emptiness of the eternal universe, its our teachers who take the role of the guiding stars. It is the teacher who becomes our first inspiration. Our success stories of today are also the stories of several selfless sacrifices of many a noble men and women who strived to bring out the good in us. The good was nurtured and all of us got better. It is said that maturity follows experience. I have had a lot of teachers in my life, who, took lessons on their experiences to mould my present. For whatever I have become today, infinite gratitude is what I owe to my teachers. There were always few distinguished men who guided me when decision-making was pushing a massive boulder, metaphorically. I am a happy man signing my day out today, for I had the opportunity today to thank my teachers for the individual they carve out of the naive human form. I owe my life for all of them. Happy Teachers Day to all teachers of the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add Life To Years

Revisiting Raag Kapi Through A Song In Ulidavaru Kandanthe

The Ground Where Everybody Wins