Perennially Confused

     I'm one among hundreds of post-graduate students who were admitted into our courses late in the year 2013. Consequently, there has been a lot of confusion regarding our eligibility for the regular examinations and the validity of our masters degree if at all we pass the exam. MCI has set its rules straight in its post-graduate medical education regulations that were formulated in the year 2000 and subsequently amended. According to the regulations, prematurely terminating the course and obtaining the degree thereafter are deemed invalid.

(Image courtesy: Google Images and the blind artist who created this. icanbecreative.com acknowledged.)

     In the light of these factors, today I have finally come to a decision that I am going to boycott the regular exam which is merely six days away while I'm writing this post. Our university has been largely insensitive to the concerns of some three hundred and odd students who were admitted during August 2013. The validity of their degrees and the confusion that occurs when you are asked to write an examination on such short notice, that too, on a date that does not favour them as per the MCI regulations, has landed all of us in soup. But today, I can heave a sigh of relief. It feels so good to have finally made up my mind. I have taken a stand. I'm O.K. with taking the exam in November 2016.

     I enquired about the procedure to withdraw our application form and request for refund of the examination fee which was to the tune of fourteen thousand. The head of my department (H.O.D.) was irked by my confused state till today. Being my guide, he is naturally concerned about my preparation for the examination and my performance in the same. I have been telling him time and again that I'm confused. Today, he spoke to our institution's director and explained to me the procedure of withdrawing from examination. He said to the Director - 'My perennially confused PG (postgraduate student) has finally come to a decision; that he is not taking the June exam.' Both of us looked at each other and smirked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting Raag Kapi Through A Song In Ulidavaru Kandanthe

Story Of The Lost Piglet

The Ground Where Everybody Wins